Monday, January 05, 2004

Scenarios I will be tweaking my first three scenarios for the First Anglo-Dutch War. I am also starting on the Battle of the Kentish Knock, the first major battle of the war, between the main fleets. The Dutch OOB is easily constructed from Witte de With's correspondence, prior to, and immediately after the Battle. I am relying upon R. C. Anderson's OOB, from the 1938 Mariner's Mirror, supplemented by Carl Ballhausen's book (despite my reservations about the latter). I will be interested to see how larger fleets fare in the AOSII simulation engine. I have a moderately aggressive game machine, with a AMD Athlon 1700XP (about 1.4GHz), 1GB of RAM, and a 64-bit video card, with the needed support for 3-D graphics. The OS is Windows XP Home.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links