Monday, January 19, 2004

More about the ultimate Dutch ship list for First Anglo-Dutch War wargaming I finished my first cut at the list, and am entering the rest of the ships into AOSII Privateers Bounty. One tweak that I did, to aid tracking ships, is to add the captains' names in the long name section. With many ships with the same name, I could not tell them apart. I realized that by supplying the captains, I would be able to differentiate between them. That will also aid me in adding ships to the scenarios. My next scenario will be the Battle of Dungeness. One revelation to me was that Michiel Adriaanszoon De Ruyter commanded Witte de With's squadron in the battle. I knew that Witte de With, and the Prinses Louise were not present, and I had wondered about his squadron. In De Ruyter's place, Jan Evertszoon de Liefde commanded his division in Jan Evertsen's squadron.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links