Sunday, December 07, 2003

I have a vast store of untapped information about Dutch warships from 1628 to 1633 At some point, I will spend more time researching Dutch ships from prior to 1633. There will still some ships in service, at least in 1629, from at least as early as 1610. Certainly, Maarten Harpertszoon Tromp's famous ship, the Groene Draeck was among them. Tromp was Piet Hein's flag captain for the famous capture of the Spanish Silver fleet (Zilvervloot). I also have the most complete version of the "Staet van Oorlog te water voor den Jaere 1654". My earlier information is mainly in the form of the "Staet van Oorlog te Water" for 1628, 1629, 1631, and 1633. I have some additional pages, as well. I am hoping to get more information about the latter 1630's and the 1640's as well. I would like to see a listing of Dutch ships at the Battle of the Downs, in 1639, when the Spanish armada was decisively beaten and largely destroyed. From the latter 1640's, I would like to see the list of 40 ships that were funded as convoyers, following the Peace of Munster in 1648.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links