Saturday, May 14, 2005

I am going to make time to study the papers from the Zeeuws Archief and the Nationaal Archief

I still have not picked back up the papers that I had received from the Zeeuws Archief and the Nationaal Archief. Rick van Velden had done three hours of research for me, but had not been able to find any sign of a "Staet van Oorlog te Water" for 1648. He did find some of the other documents that I had found metioned in Dr. Elias's book Schetsen uit de Geschiedenis van ons Zeewzen. I had understood (or misunderstood) that the Zeeuws Archief material included a letter about the fitting out of the Veere Directors' ship Wapen van der Vere. In scanning the materials, I never saw that, or anything else that was of obvious interest.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links