Friday, September 03, 2004

Missing Dutch ship data from French sources

I am in the process of doing a spreadsheet of ship calculations for Dutch ships. Right now, I am concentrating on those ships at the Battle of Solebay (28 May 1672 Old Style). I have run into several cases where the only source of dimensions is from a set of documents supplied to me by Jan Glete that he had obtained while doing research in France. It turns out that French intelligence reports had dimensions for a number of ships, including the Essen (50 guns), the Deventer (60 guns), the Beschermer (50 guns), the Wakende Boei (46 guns), to name a few. I have this information at Dutch ships in French documents (at kentishknock.com).

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links