Saturday, August 21, 2004

I have written a new document about Jacobean and Carolian Middlingships

I have passed on to my webmaster a new document about Jacobean and Carolian "Middling Ships", to be posted on Kentishknock.com. Hopefully it will appear, and relatively quickly as well. These ships built during the reigns of James I and Charles I, and were developments of a moderate-sized galleon type used in the Elizabethan navy. Some of the ships were rebuilds of their Elizabethan ancestors. The survivors of this class of ships served as large 4th Rates in the First Anglo-Dutch War, were the Bonaventure (44 guns) blew up, the Garland (44 guns) was captured, as was the Leopard (48 guns).

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links