Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More about the Graef Hendrick

Yesterday, I looked at another list dating from late September 1653. That list indicated that Jan Reijndersz Wagenaer's ship, the Graef Hendrick, was a ship of the Admiralty of Friesland, not a Groningen or Friesland Directors' ship. As I have written, in the face of conflicting information, I am still leaning towards listing the Graef Hendrick (Graaf Hendrik) as a Groningen Directors' ship, but if I can find more conclusive information, I am ready to change my mind. The many pages of Friesland ship data to do not supply the definitive answer. They say that the Graef Hendrick was a ship hired by Groningen, and that is really all they say.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links