Saturday, June 30, 2007

I would be interested to see the list of Dutch ships in 1648

I do not have the information, but the list of Dutch warships in service in 1648 apparently exists. At least one person who I know has the list and I suspect that Dr. Elias had access to the list, as well. I hand asked Rick van Velden, at the Nationaal Archief, to look for the list, but he did not know where to look and couldn't find it. I had seen a reference in Schetsen uit de Geschiedenis van ons Zeewezen that referred to such a list. That was in July 2004. I would be interested to see the last from 1648, as I know for a fact that the ships included in the group funded from 1648 changed over time. That was caused by warlosses and the moving of ships between groups to have their service financed.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links