Thursday, April 22, 2004

I would welcome some comment on my Dutch war loss list

For those with an interest, I have posted my list of Dutch warship losses in the First Anglo-Dutch War on AngloDutchWarsBlog.com. I would welcome comment on this list. I have my research sources for each one, so we could discuss them individually. I have had uncertainty about several ships. One is which ship was actually lost, when Sipke Fockes was killed and his ship captured at the Battle of Portland. The contemporary sources said it was the Groote Sint Lucas (28 guns) while based on some contemporary documents, I had thought that it was the Sint Maria (28 guns). The Sint Maria identification was brought into question, when I had found that a document from the Amsterdam Directors listed the Sint Maria, after the Battle of Portland, as needing repairs (I have probably beaten this topic to death, earlier).

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links