Thursday, March 08, 2007

I've reached the conclusion that David de Wildt's list contains more ships that we can identify

I had several hours this morning, where I had nothing else to do but study copies from the Nationaal Archief, from the Collection Johan de Witt. I looked more closely at David de Wildt's list of ships, dating from 22 February 1652, and suspect that there are more ships from the list that we can identify. I wondered if the Sint Joris listed is the same as Jacob Wolphertszoon's ship that served the Admiralty of Zeeland in the First Anglo-Dutch War. This is the rather small vessel described as a "Scots frigate". The Adam en Eva, St. Jan Battista, and Roode Leeuw are among the ships listed.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links