Sunday, March 11, 2007

The captain of the Zeeland ship Sint Jan

I am increasingly confused about the correct last name for the captain of the Zeeland ship Sint Jan, which served during 1652. There is a list in The First Dutch War, Vol.VI, that calls the captain Laurens Pensier. That is the name I have been using for a long time. The index for The First Dutch War, however, indicates that Laurens Dispensier is the preferred name. I am looking at a list where his name looks like Plensier. There is another Zeeland list where his name looks like Lispessier. I have not seen anything that resembles "Dispensier". Dr. Elias does not mention the man in Schetsen uit de Geschiedenis van ons Zeewezen, so I don't know what to think.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links