Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Carl Stapel has a really good list of Dutch ships in service before the start of the First Anglo-Dutch War

Carl Stapel shared with me his list of Dutch ships in service before the start of the First Anglo-Dutch War. Right now, the list primarily covers Directors' ships. His list for the Rotterdam or Maze Directors is quite good:
Adm   Ship name    Guns Crew Commander
M-Dir Burcht         28 105  Adriaen de Zeeuw 
M-Dir Jonas          36 125  Johan de Lieffde  
M-Dir Meerman        30 120  Jacob Cleijdijck 
M-Dir Prins                  Symon Cornelisz van der Meer 
M-Dir Prins te Paard 38 110  Corstiaen Corstiaenszoon   
M-Dir Sint Andries   26 105  Ruth Jacobsz Buys    
M-Dir Sint Pieter    29 110  Isaac de Jongh
I thought that his information for Adriaen de Zeeuw makes a good deal of sense. I suspect that his name for Ruth Jacobsz Buys' ship is derived from me, and that I had just made an estimate, so I would like to find more information to have more confidence in the name of his ship. In any case, I am going forward with the information from Carl's list as my "current working assumption".

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links