Sunday, March 13, 2005

I received my package from the Zeeuws Archief

I have my package of copies from the Zeeuws Archief. I'm not surprised that it will take a lot of work to read and understand enough to find anything good in it. Often, it is easy to mine documents for material, but this is not the case with this material. The entire lot is handwritten material from about 1652 to 1655 relating to the various Zeeland Directors. So far, I have recognized a few names, and that is all I could read (Captain Fortuijn and Theunis Post). I can read more than that, but not so that I can actually get any sense about the nature of what I have. Supposedly, it contains information that includes the fitting out of the "Wapen van der Vere", and more. I just haven't found it yet.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links