Monday, March 29, 2004

A new drawing: The George, circa 1650

I just finished my first attempt at a drawing to represent the George (the Jacobean ship, St. George), as well as her sister ship, the Andrew. I am starting to think that both these ships may have served in this form, through the First Anglo-Dutch War. I base that on the drawings of the Andrew, at the Battle of Scheveningen, under fireship attack. The head could very well be like that in this drawing. Certainly, the Jacobean and Carolean Third Rates still had the archaic head.

I am going to continue to revise the other drawings, and will update them, as I make changes.

George and Andrew, circa 1650

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links