Friday, April 20, 2007

De Jonge's March 1653 list

Now that I have seen as much as I have from the Nationaal Archief in The Hague (I have only seen a small fraction of what there is), I would think that the two Friesland 38 gun ships are the Zevenwolden and the Stad Groningen en Ommelanden (actually a Groningen ship). That is almost a certainty, because the list that I just saw in photographs has those two ships with the Zevenwolden, which had 38 guns and a crew of 140 men, and the Stad Groningen en Ommelanden, which had 38 guns and a crew of 110 men. Those are the crew sizes, I believe, in De Jonge's list in an appendix to Geschiedenis van het Nederlandsche Zeewezen, Vol.I. Hendrik Jansz Camp's ship seems to be absent from that list.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links