Monday, April 21, 2008

Lists of ships at the Battle of Scheveningen

I have lists of ships from right before and right after the Battle of Scheveningen (the Zeeslag bij Ter Heide). One curious fact is that I do not see the collection of odd ships that I had thought were in the battle. I was printing the pages with lists last night, so I had a fresh copy with the reference on the pages. For example, while the Roosencrans (44 guns) is there, I did not see the Bonaventura, said to have been hired by the Middelburg Directors. The Bonaventura was the captured English hired merchantman Anthony Bonaventure, captured at the Battle of Dungeness.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links