Sunday, May 16, 2004

I wonder if the March 1653 list in De Jonge's book is only for home waters

I am working on filling in more of the March 1653 list that is outlined in Vol.I of Geschiedenis van het Nederlandsche Zeewezen. I have the Rotterdam Admiralty section filled in pretty completely, and have started on the Amsterdam Admiralty and Director's ships. My reaction is to wonder if there is a place in the list for the ships in the Mediterranean. The list was made right around the time of the Battle of Livorno (14 March 1653, New Style).

I am making good use of my list that I compiled to aid me in building scenarios for First Anglo-Dutch Wars battles. That list is ordered by captain's last name, and lists ships every time there is a new captain. That is because that most published lists for the Dutch only list captains and not ship names.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links