Saturday, May 01, 2004

I hope to mine more of the various "Staet van Oorlogh te Water" documents

As I have written, previously, I have some early-to-mid 17th Century Dutch lists. These are all called "Staet van Oorlogh te Water" or some variation of that spelling. I have the lists for 1628, 1629, 1631, 1633, and 1654. I actually have two versions of the 1654 list. I had completely transcribed the ship data from a more incomplete version of the 1654 lists, a year ago. I have not attempted to go into the most complete version, as it is very time consuming. Even the more limited version had many gems of information. The most complete version has even more. Jan Glete had sent me his notes for the Rotterdam part of the list that was omitted from the other version.

Google SiteSearch

Google
  Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

Lotto System

Facebook

James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

Amazon Ad

Amazon Ad

Amazon Context Links