Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Dutch guns

From my perspective, there are many unanswered questions about Dutch guns in the 17th Century. My basic concerns are to learn dimensions and weights for the different types. The types are:

  • normal Iron guns
  • normal brass guns
  • chambered brass guns
  • drakes or draakjes
  • "light" brass guns
  • "klokwijs" guns (with a flared muzzle)
  • steenstukken (Jan Glete says that these were swivels)
  • What I want to be able to do is to estimate weights for all the types. For example, I have quite detailed information about guns from 1628 to 1633 and for 1654. I want to be able to do a weight analysis for ships, and that means knowing the gun weights.

    Google SiteSearch

    Google
      Web anglo-dutch-wars.blogspot.com

    Lotto System

    Facebook

    James Cary Bender's Facebook profile

    Amazon Ad

    Amazon Ad

    Amazon Context Links